Actually, I walked away from this weekend with THREE t-shirts, a hat that says Up Hoo’s’es (my writing friends will understand), a bracelet … and enough memories to hopefully last until the next time we all get together.
Camp Runamuck (aka Cumberland Falls, KY) lived up to its moniker. I wasn’t there the entire week like most of the group, but I:
• went on two hikes
• swam in the campsite pool (and was nearly drowned by a gaggle of monkeys)
• wreaked havoc at a water park
• ate a LOT of cheeseballs (all at once)
• had some quality time with a Captain
• did NOT fall down in mud/dirt/water/gravel ONCE (but did punch myself in the face half an hour after arriving, then slammed my head on my trunk half an hour before leaving)
• had an impromptu “bubble” bath (’cause there were… you know… bubbles)
• laughed A LOT
• accidentally fell asleep and missed a hike
• laughed some more
• made lots of new mini-friends (the Runamunchkins) plus a couple Mr. AWers
And now I already miss them.