When Amazon first released their ebook reader, the Kindle, there was a lot of talk about where the name came from. My favorite is that it’s a play on words from banned books and how people used to burn books they don’t like or agree with. (Thankfully that doesn’t seem to happen as much any more.)
The first book in my YA trilogy, FLICKER, can also be tied to fire, since the light from a fire can be described as flickering.
Do you see where this is going?
In honor of my favorite season and the start of bonfires and changing leaves, I’m giving away one Kindle Fire (US residents only, sorry) and all you have to do to enter is take a picture of FLICKER in an environment where you could flicker.
Do you like to read? How about play games? Or surf the internet (do people still say that?)? Then this is the contest for you! I’m giving away a Kindle Fire to one lucky winner, and all you have to do is post a picture of the cover of FLICKER, the first book in my YA trilogy, The Flicker Effect.
October 3, 2016 – October 16, 2016
Winner will be announced on Monday, October 17, 2016
Here’s an Example
• The FLICKER book cover must be in the photo. HOWEVER, you don’t have to purchase it to enter. You can use an image from an online bookseller or here on my website and just have it on your phone. (This method will require two devices, but you’re all smart and I’m sure you can figure that out.)
• You don’t have to be in the picture but I’d love it if you are.
• Post to Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram
• Tag me if possible (FB/MelanieHooyenga, TW: @melaniehoo & IG: @melaniehoo)
• Use the hashtag #Flicker4Fire
• You must be a US resident. Shipping electronics out of the country is difficult.
Q: Where should I take my picture?
A: In the woods
Along a row of trees
In front of trees
At the edge of the woods
In the middle of a row of trees
Q: Do I have to buy FLICKER to enter?
A: No purchase is necessary. While I would love it if you took a picture with the actual book cover, you can use an image on your phone.
Q: Do I have to be in the photo (aka a selfie)?
A: No, only the book cover is required. But I’d LOVE it if you were in there too.
Q: What’s that hashtag again?
Q: How long do I have?
A: You must post your picture by midnight on Sunday, October 16, 2016. The winner will be announced the following day.
Q: I live outside the US. Can I still enter?
A: While you’re welcome to join the fun, only US residents are eligible to win.
Take a picture of FLICKER in trees and share online using the hashtag #Flicker4Fire. That’s it!
The contest starts TODAY and a winner will be announced on Monday, October 17, 2016. That gives you two weeks to enter!
Disclaimer: Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, nor Twitter have anything to do with this contest. I am the sole sponsor of this giveaway. US residents only.